Remote Access to Watson Library’s Electronic Resources
Metropolitan Museum of Art staff with Watson Library checkout privileges are now able to access the majority of the library’s subscription databases remotely. This means that you can access our online resources from any computer outside the Museum with an Internet connection - your home computer, your laptop, or another institution’s computer.
Instructions for remote access are included below. Resources for which access has been enabled are also listed. If you need remote access and do not have checkout privileges, please contact Lisa Beidel at x2344.
Remote Access Instructions
1. Connect to WATSONLINE at http://library.metmuseum.org/.
2. Search for the title of the electronic resource or database, e.g. JSTOR.
3. Click on the hyperlink for the resource in the record, directly underneath “Link to:”.
4. You will be prompted to enter your Last Name and MMA ID Number.
5. You will then be able to search within the electronic resource.
List of Resources Available Remotely:
Please note that a few of the library’s electronic resources cannot be accessed remotely due to license agreements, or the fact that they require a password.
If you experience problems connecting to any of these resources remotely, please email Oleg Kreymer at xxxxxxx
American National Biography Online
Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
Bibliography of Asian Studies
Bibliography of the History of Art
ECCO (Eighteenth Century Collections Online)
Grove Art Online
Index to 19th Century American Art Periodicals
New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians
New York Times on the Web
Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Oxford English Dictionary
Times Digital Archive
Webster’s Third New International Dictionary Unabridged