Croatia to mark Tesla’s 150th birthday (thanks brian!)
AP (excerpt, Nov 17,2005)
ZAGREB, Croatia — Croatia in 2006 will celebrate the 150th
anniversary of the birth of Nikola Tesla, an ethnic Serb who did
pioneering work in electricity in the United States in late 19th and
early 20th century, the country's parliament decided Thursday.
The government will finance the finishing of restoration of Tesla’s
home in a village in central Croatia and turn it into a museum.
Conferences and lectures on Tesla’s work are also planned.
more from Wikipedia :
- Wagner, John W., "Nikola Tesla, Forgotten American Scientist".
- Vujovic, Ljubo, "Tesla Memorial Society of New York", New York, USA.
- "The Tesla Wardenclyffe Project". Shoreham, New York. (Aims to reuse Wardenclyffe.)
- "Nikola Tesla's Father - Milutin Tesla (1819 - 1879)". Serb National Federation.
- Kosanovic, Bogdan R., "Serbian-American inventor, electrical engineer, and scientist". December 29, 2000.
- Mrkich, D., "Tesla - The European Years", Serb National Federation.
- Pepe, "Pepe's Tesla Pages", 2004-12-25.
- Nikola's Page (Hungarian - original images of text)
- Fred Walters' hand-scanned Tesla patents (PDFs)
- Science Friday, "Strange Scientists", August 7, 1998
- Science Friday, "The Science of Radio", October 13, 1995